Criminal JusticeAvailable Online
The UIU Advantage
Do you have a passion for helping others and keeping your community safe? In UIU’s Criminal Justice program, not only will you study law enforcement, courts, and corrections, our multi-disciplinary education also provides you with a focus on communication, politics, psychology and sociology. You leave UIU with the knowledge and skills you need in a variety of high-demand fields.
Why Criminal Justice at UIU?
- Students can apply the skills they learn and enhance their resume with a variety of internship opportunities, or work one on one with faculty researching an area of interest.
- Students learn and discuss emerging social and ethical problems within the criminal justice field and develop methods to handle these challenges in their respective careers.
- The Criminal Justice major is available in a variety of modalities to suit your learning style, including face-to-face, online and self-paced.
- Learn from faculty who have real-world experience and are experts in the fields they teach; enjoy the support of helpful, caring staff who are there for you from start to finish.
Area of Emphasis
- Homeland Security (added for Fall 2020).
Explore Your Program
Criminal Justice Courses
See course descriptions for the classes you need for your Criminal Justice degree, as well as any general education requirements.
Keep up with your academic program’s registration deadlines, session dates, holiday breaks and exam schedules.
Careers in Criminal Justice
A degree prepares you for many careers, such as corrections officer; court administration; juvenile court officer; municipal, county, state or federal law enforcement, including patrol investigations, civil service, Border Patrol, Immigration and Customs, FBI, DEA; paralegal/legal assistant; prison administration; probation/parole officers/community corrections; prosecution/defense attorneys; and victim/witness coordinator.
Corynthia Pouncil, '19
Criminal Justice and Psychology
UIU provided optional evening classes that fit my schedule unlike others schools. I love everything about the law and the mind and saw this as a first step to becoming a lawyer or judge.
UIU Locations for Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice
Convenient, Focused Scheduling
UIU Criminal Justice students have the advantage of focusing on fewer classes at once with the Two-at-a-Time schedule. Plus, convenient evening or online courses ensure your education fits your unique lifestyle.
The Criminal Justice bachelor’s degree program is offered through UIU’s School of Arts and Sciences.
Projected growth in police and detective jobs from 2018 to 2028
Projected growth in probation officer and correctional treatment specialist jobs from 2018 to 2028
Projected growth in paralegals and legal assistant jobs from 2018 to 2028
When you’re ready to apply for your bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, we’re ready to help you every step of the way.
Social Work Training Certificate
Upper Iowa is also an approved location by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services to offer the Social Work Training Certificate (SWTC).